The past two weeks I’ve shared my tips n’ tricks on how to get started meal planning and food prepping. I briefly mentioned in each post about the importance of making a bulk dinner but I don’t think I did that topic justice.
In my opinion, the #1 to make the most of your Sunday food prep is to….. make one-pot meals!
This is honestly my saving grace. It saves me from having to have the same boring lunch all week long and it saves me when I have really busy nights I can’t make dinner because I always have leftovers in the freezer! For those of you with a family this is especially helpful to feed the family for the night and the next day. If you have time I suggest making two batches of a one-pot meal so you have leftovers as well.
Some of my favorite One-Pot Sunday Meals are:
- Roasted Chicken— There is nothing better (in my opinion) than a roasted chicken for dinner. The crispiness of the skin and tenderness of the meat is so satisfying! Use my guide on How to Roast the Perfect Chicken to cook you up a fresh, organic chicken this coming Sunday!
- White Chicken Chili— One of my FAVORITE cold weather soups!
- Vegetable Lasagna— Whether it’s layering slices of eggplant with ground turkey, cheese and tomato sauce or using slices of squash I love a good vegetable lasagna! It’s so easy and uses up a lot of veggies when you need to!
- Sweet Potato Curry Cabbage Rolls— Not only are these delicious as a cozy dinner but the are SO easy to pack for lunches throughout the week!
- A Roast— Nothing is better than a roast in the dutch oven. It’s so comforting and reminds me of home every time I smell the aroma of the spices cooking and the meat tenderizing!
Make this one-pot meal even cheaper by picking up produce from a local farmer’s market. Right now squash is beginning to peak in season so it’s the perfect time to stock your pantry up. Squash can last for many weeks in a cool dark spot in your pantry.
So grab your stock-pot, dutch oven or casserole dish this Sunday and make up a large one-pot meal to feed you and your family! It’ll save you time and money plus it’s pretty darn delicious!