I know I mentioned in my Loving Lately post last month how much I’m loving the Say Yes To…. line of products. Ya’ll know I’m a big proponent of proper nutrition to fuel your body so I’m especially fond of a brand that uses wholesome products to help cure beauty/health issues. After giving the Say Yes to Tomatoes Face Mask a try I decided to purchase the (slightly expensive at $14.99 for the tiny bottle) Say Yes to Tomatoes Daily Moisturizer. Both products are working wonders on my face!
I figured I needed to do a little research of my own to fully understand why tomatoes work so well for clearing your skin…
- Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin A which speeds skin turnover– healing acne scars
- Tomatoes help clear the pores and partly irritate the skin to heal quicker
- Tomatoes also have several antioxidants due to the lycopene– which help rejuvenate the skin, repair cells and fight reddening of the skin
Instead of purchasing another facial cleanser when I already have one that I love, I figured I’d make my own DIY concoction when I want something new, powerful and refreshing.
To Make the Tomato Facial Cleanser:
- Puree one small to medium tomato in the food processor until completely pulverized. (Make sure to remove the stem and wash the tomato before you add to the food processor. I also like to slice mine into quarters so it chops up faster.)
- Pour the tomato puree into a bowl
- Mix in 2 tbsp. baking soda
- The mixture should foam slightly
Rinse your face with warm water and add the cleanser to a wash cloth and gently massage onto face in circular motions. Rinse with cool water after a few minutes. Voila! Refreshed skin!
Since the cleanser is so fresh it only lasts a few days. This makes plenty of extra face wash so I stored it in a ball jar in the fridge to use in the morning & night for the next 2 days.
Happy natural cleansing!