I thought it’d be fun to do my Fun Five Friday today centered around 5 Fun Things I’ve learned in the south thus far.
1. Working in an office where everyone has a southern accent but you makes the work environment so much more “light-hearted”. My impression of southern accents, so far, is that they have such a positive and happy tone to them! It’s impossible for me not to smile when talking with my co-workers!
2. Weather in the 60-70’s is considered pant/jacket weather to them… in other words cool. This northern girl has been showing up in crops, skirts and dresses all week cause I think this is GREAT! However, I’m literally hiding come humidity season.
3. Grits are underrated in the north. Especially when they’re homemade. Last Saturday evening I had some AMAZING grits at a local restaurant!
4. Biscuits to them equal our doughnuts/bagels in an office. I’ve never heard of someone just eating a biscuit before for a “snack” until a co-worker brought them in for my first day Monday.
5. I need to shape up my speaking mannerisms! Hearing “Yes Ma’am’s and Yes Sir’s” all day makes me feel terrible about how I speak!
TGIF Friends! I don’t think I’ve ever appreciated that phrase as much as I do surviving my first week in the working world!