Making a cucumber trellis is super easy and saves space in your raise garden beds.
Happy Monday! How are we already here again? This weekend was full of lots of work and a little play.
Saturday morning after the farmers market I made a cucumber trellis for the cucumbers to grow up instead of having them grow out and all over the garden bed. I also put steaks in my tomato beds and tied strings between them. Then I tied a string around the tomato stem up to the horizontal string. This helps keeps them upright and yes we did get inspiration for that from The Godfather.
To make the cucumber trellis I did the following:
- Cut four 1×2 boards 4 feet long and laid them down vertically on the garage floor.
- Then I cut four 1×2 boards 5 1/2 feet long and laid them horizontally across the vertical boards and provided space between them.
- I left a gap at the bottom of about 1 foot for the “legs”.
- Then drilled them all together.
- We then hammered the legs down into the garden beds.
- Nothing super fancy, just something where the cucumbers can grow!
The rest of the afternoon was spent tackling vinyl tile in our guest bathroom mini-remodel. Boy that stuff takes awhile to measure and cut! So I rewarded us with some refreshing cocktails.
A busy weekend called for a little play in the form of this delicious Raw Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake. Yes, this is what my dreams are made of. I’ll have the recipe later this week.
Hope you have a great Monday! xoxo