How to naturally prepare for cold season with holistic tips and real food.
Well, it’s that time of year again. Time when we are coughing, sneezing, and passing the cold symptoms around left and right. I even got hit with a little bit of it two weeks ago but luckily, because I’ve been naturally arming myself, I got over it quickly.
Vitamins are super important to me to take every day to keep my immune system supported and healthy. I use to think it wasn’t a big deal to take vitamins but now I know better and take them every morning after my breakfast. Those array of vitamins include:
- Women’s Multi Vitamin— this vitamin is packed full of the vitamins women in particular need including calcium, iron, and vitamin D.
- Super Green Vitamin— since some days it’s just hard to get all of my super greens I make sure to take them in daily vitamin form. I love the Perfect Food Super Green Formula as it’s packed with so many healthy ingredients including seaweed greens – spirulina, chlorella and calcified red algae.
- Adult’s Probiotic— It’s super important for me to take a probiotic to arm my digestion system with healthy bacteria, especially since I have IBS.
- Biotin— I mostly take this one for healthy nails and hair.
- B-Complex— This vitamin plays a super important role in keeping our body running. Vitamin B helps turn our food into fuel. And in preparation for cold season, you need to make sure you’re getting the most out of your food so take your vitamins!
As many of you know, I’ve been using essential oils for about the past year and have completely fallen in love with the way they make me feel.
- If you are allergy/cold prone start taking a capsule of a few drops of lemon, peppermint, and lavender, with a carrier oil like coconut oil, to act as a natural preventative.
- If you feel a sore throat coming on or just feel blah, take a few drops of Thieves oil in your water. It has a slight burn but it seriously WORKS. This saves me every time.
- Another great preventative is to diffuse Purification regularly to remove bacteria from the air.
Plant Based Foods
This sounds so basic but eating REAL FOOD is so important to arming yourself with the nutrients your body needs to function. That doesn’t include eating an organic granola bar. That means eating servings of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grains throughout the day. The more I focus on plant based eating, the more energy my body has to fight off any viruses.
So here’s to staying healthy!
What’s your go-to tip for a natural cold preventative?