This lemon lavender herb dutch oven bread is an incredibly easy and delicious way to make homemade bread.
Oh bread, I definitely have a love hate relationship with it. I’m not one to completely eliminate foods from my diet but I definitely believing in limiting some. I try to limit the amount of bread that I eat but if I’m going to enjoy some, you betcha it’s going to be homemade or from a local bakery.
Can you believe I whipped this baby up with NO kneading?! Crazy, I know. I’ve been researching a few dutch oven bread recipes and found inspiration from a few to create my own.
Plus, it wouldn’t be a Britt’s Blurbs recipe without an added benefit.
I used Young Living’s Vitality Lemon Essential Oil and Lavender Essential Oil to help flavor this bread. The vitality line at Young Living is specifically designed to cook with and ingest. I’ve been a huge Young Living fan for about a year now and love learning new ways to incorporate more essential oils in my life. Psst: If you’re interested in Young Living, you can check out more here and sign up with me! All newbies who enroll with me in August get a free 15-ml bottle of Cedarwood oil!
For added flavor I used fresh oregano picked straight from the Britt’s Blurbs garden. I bet this would be amazing with rosemary as well!
- 3 cups all purpose organic flour
- 1 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1//2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 4 drops lemon essential oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 1/2 cups room temperature water
- 1/2 cup freshly dried oregano
- I used Young Living's Vitality essential oils that are meant for cooking and ingesting. Please be careful when ingesting essential oils and make sure they are therapeutic grade, meant for ingesting.
- You can also vary the dried herb that you use for this recipe such as swapping oregano for dried rosemary or thyme.