After years of trying to find the perfect skin care routine that worked for me, I am so happy to have finally found it! Well, at least for the time being…
Throughout my teenage years my acne was never bad but I managed it with a prescription topical treatment from my dermatologist. Going into college I did away with that and used a basic face wash and pimple cream that seemed to do the trick. Once I got in my mid-twenties, my hormones seemed to change and I went from no break-outs to deeply-rooted pimples.
I tried products and products, changed my diet and nothing seemed to work until I introduced to washing with a cleansing oil, using a repair oil as a moisturizing, and sticking to a constant routine, both morning and night. It changed my life. Not even kidding. My breakouts are so minimal now, typically around my period and my acne scars are clearing up more and more every day. Plus introducing an eye cream I use day and night has done wonders to my tired eyes!
So here’s my routine:
- I use Say Yes to Cucumbers face wipes to take my mascara and eye make-up off.
- Then I use Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil to clean off the rest of my face make-up. Water-based face washes can’t wash away all of the make-up like cleansing oil can.
- After the cleansing oil, I wash my face with Aveda’s Botanical Kinetics Purifying Cleansing Gel. Every other night I use my Clarisonic to wash my face. On the nights I don’t use my Clarisonic I just wash my face with clean hands.
- I use the Aveda Botanical Kinetics Toner to clean any of the excess face wash off my face.
- About 2-3 times a week, I use The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash to exfoliate my face. This is soft and gentle yet strong enough to exfoliate. My face tends to dry out easily so that’s why I only use this a couple times a week.
- About 2-3 times a week, on the days I don’t use this exfoliate, I use Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Peel. It helps reduce my pores, heal my acne scares, and brighten my skin.
- I then use the Nude Rescue Oil to restore, repair, and moisturize my skin. Followed by the Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion.
- For my eyes I use Eye Dew cream by Farmacy.
- When I have bad breakouts, I use the On-the-Spot Acne Treatment by Neutrogena.
In the morning–>
- I use the face wipes to clean off my eyes.
- I wash my face with the Aveda cleansing gel and moisturize with the hydrating lotion.
- After I workout and take a shower I use the Nude rescue oil and Aveda hydrating lotion again.
- And finish off with the eye dew cream.
It may seem like a lot but I’ve finally found the products that work great for my skin type.