This Turmeric Tonic Recipe is packed with vitamins, anti-inflammatory benefits, and cold-fighting nutrition.
Can we just call tonics for what they sound like? Like they’re shots of alcohol. I mean, with the potency they pack they almost seem like that. They just don’t cause me to pull out the vacuum dance move. No one needs to see that.
However, these little, nutritious, and powerful juices are my new favorite cold season necessity. Instead of drinking a tall glass of fresh juice, you only have to slam one of these in the mornings to arm your body with anti-inflammatory benefits and vitamins to last throughout the day.
Now please don’t tell me turmeric is having a “moment” and it’s just a hype thing. Because it’s not. Turmeric is one superfood that if you can’t get any others in your diet, you should at least be getting turmeric in almost daily.
Turmeric is an ancient medicinal root that’s been used in Indian dishes for thousands of years.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits – It helps the body fight bacteria and repairs damages, so it helps fight chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, etc.
- Helps brain function
- Reduces joint pain
I can’t stress enough how important it is to start eating more turmeric. You can juice it, shave it into stir-fry, mix it into baked goods, smoothies, etc. You can really get creative!Print
Turmeric Tonic Recipe
Turmeric Tonic Recipe | Britt’s Blurbs
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 8 1x
- 2 organic granny smith apples
- 2 organic lemons
- 5 small to medium turmeric roots
- 1 medium ginger root
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw local honey
- In a juice, juice the apples, lemons, turmeric roots, and ginger root.
- Pour that juice into a medium bowl.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Whisk together.
- Using a funnel, fill mini bottles with tonic. If you don’t have mini bottles, you can fill a large ball jar then use a shot glass as a serving glass.
- Since this is essentially a fresh juice, it will only last 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
Now just a heads up – this baby is STRONG. Hence the power that it packs in tiny little bottles. (I got my bottles on Amazon HERE). So again, this is meant to be taken in small doses. I mean unless you want to pour yourself one massive, bitter glass, be my guest!