This zucchini power bread is a hearty zucchini bread that’s naturally sweetened and full of nutritious power foods!
There’s just something so calming about making zucchini bread during a summer rain storm.The pitter patter of the rain on the house. The farm fresh vegetables. The sweet aroma that fills the air. I just love baking during the summer when it’s not too hot and the weather doesn’t allow you to play outside.
Growing up my grandparents owned a house that sat right on the beach on Lake Michigan. It was one of my favorite places to visit and such a special place for our family to get-together. My grandfather and I shared a love for juicy, sweet blueberries. I remember piling in the car and heading to the local blueberry patch to pick cartons of fresh blueberries. Once we got them home and washed I would watch in awe as my grandmother would make a farm fresh blueberry pie from scratch as the storms would roll in off the lake. Such sweet memories.
I may not have pie-making mastered yet but I’m enjoying the art of baking clean, fresh bread. Especially with veggies that are plentiful during this season. Zucchini’s are so versatile and help make the bread extremely moist and refreshing.
I got inspiration for this dish from the Whole Foods Healthy Zucchini Bread but swapped out many ingredients for power foods to make the bread clean yet fueling!
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural sugar
- 1/8 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. plain full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- Organic Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, melted coconut oil, sugar, honey, plain yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquids into the dry ingredient bowl.
- Mix together very well (mixture will be thick).
- Pour in the zucchini, walnuts and hemp seeds.
- Fold together to mix in thoroughly.
- Spray a bread pan with organic non-stick cooking spray.
- Fold dough mixture evenly into bread pan.
- Drizzle a line down the middle of the top of the dough with the hemp seeds.
- Drizzle the honey over the top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.